KL Plaszow occupied an area of 0.8 sq. km. At present, the Museum is managing and protecting one half of the preserved post-camp area.
The structure located at 3 Jerozolimska Street served as an administration building of the cemetery used by the Jewish religious community in Kraków.
The chronological and thematic section of the permanent exhibition will be hosted in a newly constructed building in Kamieńskiego Street, outside the camp area.
The commemoration project includes the KL Plaszow Sound Monument which will be introduced on the Memorial site.
The German Nazi camp in Plaszow was established in October 1942, in the area of the Kraków districts known as Podgórze and Wola Duchacka. Work began on the grounds of Jewish cemeteries located in the area. Find out more
During the German Nazi camp concentration Plaszow operated in 1942–1945. According to estimations about 35 thousand prisoners were detained in the camp. They were mainly Jews from Krakow and other cities in southern Poland, Jews from Hungary and Slovakia. Find out more